If you’re managing social media for your business, or have an external source doing it for you, it may come in handy to know some statistics.
Here are 5:
1. The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55–64 year age bracket.
When coming up with post content,keep older users in mind. Our age makes a difference to our taste and interests, so if you’re focusing on younger users with the content you post, you could be missing an important demographic.
2. 189 million of Facebook users, use only their mobile phones.
Take this fact imto account as content posted may look different when on a mobile phone.
3. Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn.
Am increased favourite when it comes to professionals trying to connect with others in their industries.
4. Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the web.
Yes, social media is THAT popular.
Social media carries more weight than ever. It’s clearly not a fad, or a phase. It continues to grow as a habit, and new platforms continue to appear and develop.
It is definitely worth your time and effort to continually strategise and rethink your social media campaigns.
5. 93% of marketers use social media for business.
That is an extremely high number, and for a good reason. You get noticed, if your campaigning is done PROPERLY.
Look out for our next post on 'Effective Content'.
Check out our Facebook page for more updates!